Jansatyagraha 2012 is a movement of all those Indian and millions of people around the world who dream of an India with equal opportunity, justice and non-violence. Jansatyagraha 2012 demands the control of the people over Water, land and Forest. One Lakh (Hundred Thousand) farmers, poor, intellectuals, youths and tribals will travel 350 kilometers from Gwalior to Delhi to demand equality of control on natural resources and livelihood. The movement will also focus on activating the National Land Reform council and immediate resolution of land related disputes.
The success of a movement is based on both the sides of the coin, one being the people who participate directly and other being those who work in the background for preparing a base for support. Jasatyagraha 2012 unit is based on the principle of preparing support units for mass mobilization and financial support to the campaign.
How can you setup a Jansatyagraha Unit in your city/village/town
- Communicating and preparing a support group of youths
- Sale of Jinov peace and justice card
- Writing to the Prime Minister of India in support of the campaign
- Welcoming the year long yatra starting in October 2011.
- Collecting medicine, blankets, shoes, slippers and grains for the padyatris.
- Collecting donations
- SMS campaign for generating support
- Using social networking websites
- Selling CDs of songs and videos
- Building contacts with doctors,lawyers and journalists
- Participating in the march
- Preparing volunteers for mass mobilization
- Raising local issues with administration