Unlike the local village governments (panchyats) formed at the village level, the traditional decision making committee (also known as a panchayat) has existed in villages over centuries and it commands considerable influence over the life of the tribal population. The decisions taken by the village headmen at the village meetings are considered binding on the tribals with spatial and moral force. Ekta Parishad has used this as a tool in so far as it works on leadership through and with the village. It has made one modification by proposing to have female leaders as well.
Browse By Category
- People’s Parliament on Land Rights on 13th and 14th of April
- 2 critical days in the struggle for land reform in India
- 2 days to secure land reform agenda
- Action Points from Land Reforms pre-task-force Meeting
- Letter to Planning Commission
- Issues raised by Jansatyagraha and the response so far
- Manjunath ji’s letter to the PM
- Letter from Sarva Seva Sangh in support of Jansatyagraha
- People deprived of basic facilities even after 65
- People deprived of land rights even in the adjoining
- 113,872 People Been Here!